DuraTemps are laboratory fabricated provisional restorations that are much more durable and esthetic than traditional chair-side fabricated provisionals, even rivaling the finished restorations. DuraTemps will save you valuable chair-time by streamlining your provisional process and will deliver your patients a prototype smile at the prep appointment. Provisionals can be fabricated for single crowns and multi-units including splinted full-arch bridges. When altering VDO DuraTemps are excellent to establish a predetermined ideal vertical prior to prepping any teeth. DuraTemps are very advantageous for immediate extraction cases, allowing you to create the ideal pontic site shaping.
DuraTemps can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models. Many of our clinicians use DuraTemps as a diagnostic outline for the final restorations. You and your patient can pre-approve the length, contours, and shade after seating the DuraTemps. Then, you may take an impression of the DuraTemps in place and send it to the lab along with the final prepped impressions. The lab will then use the model of the DuraTemps in place to use as a guideline for the final restorations.
DuraTemps increase your profitability by reducing the time you and your staff will spend chair-side fabricating traditional provisionals. DuraTemps allow you and your team to free up more chair-time and be more productive.
DuraTemps come backed with a six-month warranty against breakage.
No Preparation required DuraTemps can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models.
Stronger and more durable than chairside temps.
Indications for Use
- Indicated for provisional crowns and splinted bridges.
- Metal substructures are recommended for spans greater than 3 units.
- Immediate smile designs
- Restoring lost vertical dimension
- Creating ideal ovate pontics sites.
NO preparation is needed
- Try-in the DuraTemps to verify passive seating and estimate that the occlusion and vertical are correct.Clean restorations with water and dry after try-in.
- Clean restorations with water and dry after try-in.
- Reline with a cold cure acrylic. It is important to block out any undercut in the preps prior to relining. Test
- Trim excess acrylics from margins
- Polish restorations with pumice and acrylic polishing paste, and then use a light cured glaze such as Palaseal.
- Cement using a non-eugenol temporary cement.
In-Lab Turnaround Time
5 Working Days, with expedited delivery available on request.
D2932 Crown - Prefabricated Resin