DURATEMP PMMA lab fabricated provisional restorations are milled from PMMA (Polymethylmetacrylate). Our PMMA provisionals are CAD/CAM generated and can be created from either a conventional impression or a digital IOS workflow.
These provisionals are recommended for long-term provisional needs such as implant or surgical cases. They are more durable than conventional provisionals and can be fabricated to receive titanium cylinders for use in the provisionalization of screw-retained implant cases.
A duplicate PMMA DURATEMP can be provided for screw-retained cases, for use when you desire to send the original temps to the lab to replicate adjustments made to the temps after the patient has lived with them for a period of time.
DURATEMP provisionals are laboratory-fabricated provisional restorations that are much more durable and esthetic than traditional chair-side fabricated provisionals, even rivaling the finished restorations.
DURATEMP will save you valuable chair time by streamlining your provisional process and will deliver your patients a prototype smile at the prep appointment. Provisionals can be fabricated for single crowns and multi-units, including splinted full-arch bridges.
When altering VDO, DURATEMP provisionals are excellent for establishing a predetermined ideal vertical prior to prepping any teeth. DURATEMPs are very advantageous for immediate extraction cases, allowing you to create the ideal pontic site shaping.
DURATEMP provisionals can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models. Many of our clinicians use DURATEMP provisionals as a diagnostic outline for the final restorations. You and your patient can pre-approve the length, contours, and shade after seating them. Then, you may take an impression of the DURATEMP provisionals in place and send to the lab along with the final prepped impressions. The lab will then use the model of the DURATEMPs in place to use as a guideline for the final restorations.
DURATEMP provisionals increase your profitability by reducing the time you and your staff will spend chair-side fabricating traditional provisionals. DURATEMPs allow you and your team to free up more chair time and be more productive.
DURATEMP provisionals come backed with a six-month warranty against breakage.
- No Preparation required – DURATEMPs can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models.
- Stronger and more durable than chairside temps.
Indications for Use
- Indicated for provisional crowns and splinted bridges.
- Metal substructures are recommended for spans greater than 3 units.
- Immediate smile designs
- Restoring lost vertical dimension
- Creating ideal ovate pontics sites
NO preparation is needed
- Try in the DURATEMP provisionals to verify passive seating and estimate that the occlusion and vertical are correct.
- Clean restorations with water and dry after try-in.
- Reline with a cold cure acrylic. It is important to block out any undercut in the preps before relining. Test.
- Trim excess acrylics from margins
- Polish restorations with pumice and acrylic polishing paste, and then use a light-cured glaze such as Palaseal.
- Cement using non-eugenol temporary cement.
In-Lab Turnaround Time
5 working days — with expedited delivery available upon request.
D2932 Crown – Prefabricated Resin