DuraTemps® are laboratory-fabricated provisional restorations that are much more durable and esthetic than traditional chair-side fabricated provisionals, even rivaling the finished restorations. DuraTemps® will save you valuable chair-time by streamlining your provisional process and will deliver your patients a prototype smile at the prep appointment. Provisionals can be fabricated for single crowns and multi-units including splinted full-arch bridges. When altering VDO, DuraTemps® are excellent to establish a predetermined ideal vertical prior to prepping any teeth. DuraTemps® are very advantageous for immediate extraction cases, allowing you to create the ideal pontic site shaping.
DuraTemps® can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models. Many of our clinicians use DuraTemps® as a diagnostic outline for the final restorations. You and your patient can pre-approve the length, contours, and shade after seating the DuraTemps®. Once you and the patient are satisfied with the provisional’s design modifications, take an impression of the DuraTemps® in place and send it to the lab along with the final prepped impressions. The lab will then use the model of the DuraTemps® in place to use as a guideline for the final restorations.
DuraTemps® increase your profitability by reducing the time you and your staff will spend chair-side fabricating traditional provisionals. DuraTemps® allow you and your team to free up more chair-time and be more productive.
DuraTemps® come backed with a six-month warranty against breakage.
- No preparation required; DuraTemps® can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models.
- DuraTemps® are stronger and more durable than chairside temps.
Indications for use:
- Indicated for provisional crowns and splinted bridges
- Metal substructures recommended for spans greater than three units
- Immediate smile designs
- Restoring lost vertical dimension
- Creating ideal ovate pontics sites
No preparation is needed.
- Try-In the DuraTemps® to verify passive seating and estimate that the occlusion and vertical are correct.
- Clean restorations with water and dry after try-in.
- Reline with a cold cure acrylic. It is important to block out any undercut in the preps before relining.
- Trim excess acrylics from margins.
- Polish restorations with pumice and acrylic polishing paste, and then use a light cured glaze such as Palaseal.
- Cement using a non-eugenol temporary cement.
In-Lab Turnaround Time
Lab turnaround time is five (5) working days, with expedited delivery available on request.
• D2932 Crown - Prefabricated Resin