DuraTemps for Implant Restorations
DuraTemps for Implant Restorations are available in screw retained or cementable options. Burbank Dental Lab PMMA provisionals are CAD/CAM-generated and can be created from either conventional impression or a digital IOS workflow. They can be duplicated from an original design for each case when you need to send the provisionals to the lab to copy-mill for the final restoration. This is particularly useful for full arch hybrid type cases.
DuraTemps PMMA lab fabricated provisional restorations are milled from PMMA (Polymethylmetacrylate). Our PMMA provisionals are CAD/CAM-generated and can be created from either conventional impression or a digital IOS workflow. These provisionals are recommended for long-term provisional needs such as implant or surgical cases. They are more durable than conventional provisionals and can be fabricated to receive titanium cylinders for use in the provisionalization of screw-retained implant cases. A duplicate PMMA DuraTemp can be provided for screw-retained cases, for use when you desire to send the original temps to the lab to replicate adjustments made to the temps while patient lives with them for a period of time.
DuraTemps are laboratory fabricated provisional restorations that are much more durable and esthetic than traditional chair-side fabricated provisionals, even rivaling the finished restorations. DuraTemps will save you valuable chair-time by streamlining your provisional process, and will deliver your patients a prototype smile at the prep appointment. Provisionals can be fabricated for single crowns and multi-units, including splinted full-arch bridges. When altering VDO, DuraTemps are excellent to establish a predetermined ideal vertical prior to prepping any teeth. DuraTemps are very advantageous for immediate extraction cases, allowing you to create the ideal pontic site shaping.
DuraTemps can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models. Many of our clinicians use DuraTemps as a diagnostic outline for the final restorations. You and your patient can pre-approve the length, contours, and shade after seating the DuraTemps. Then, you may take an impression of the DuraTemps in place and send it to the lab along with the final prepped impressions. The lab will then use the model of the DuraTemps in place to use as a guideline for the final restorations.
DuraTemps increase your profitability by reducing the time you and your staff will spend chair-side fabricating traditional provisionals. DuraTemps allow you and your team to free up more chair-time and be more productive.
DuraTemps come backed with a six-month warranty against breakage.
- No preparation is required. DuraTemps can be fabricated from either the pre-operative or prepped models.
- Stronger and more durable than chairside temps.
- Ideal for screw retained prototypes, especially useful in full arch hybrid type cases.
Indications for Use
- Indicated for provisional crowns and splinted bridges.
- Metal substructures are recommended for spans greater than 3 units.
- Immediate smile designs
- Restoring lost vertical dimension
- Creating ideal ovate pontics sites.
- Screw retained prototype restorations for full arch implant cases.
- Prep Design
- NO preparation is needed
Cementation (For cementable provisionals only)
- Try-In the DuraTemps to verify passive seating and estimate that the occlusion and vertical are correct.
- Clean restorations with water and dry after try-in.
- Reline with a cold cure acrylic. It is important to block out any undercut in the preps prior to relining. Test
- Trim excess acrylics from margins
- Polish restorations with pumice and acrylic polishing paste, and then use a light cured glaze such as Palaseal.
- Cement using a non-eugenol temporary cement.
Delivery of Screw Retained Provisionals
Tighten abutment in with a torque wrench set to the implant manufacturer’s specifications, usually between 15 Ncm & 35 Ncm.
In-Lab Turnaround Time
- 5 Working days cementable provisionals
- 8 Working days screw-retained provisionals