Burbank Dental Lab is offering Original Straumann Custom Abutments, milled at Burbank. Straumann implants have recently made available an FDA approved workflow that enables Burbank Dental Lab to fabricate milled custom titanium abutments in-house using Straumann original components. The Straumann® Cares® program for dental labs is a comprehensive program that employs, design software, a 5 axis CAD/CAM mill, and original interface custom abutment blanks.
Using The Original Straumann Components and FDA approved digital workflow delivers many distinct advantages:
1. More than high precision. Systems designed in perfect harmony.
- Only Straumann* knows the exact dimensions, tolerances and material composition of its implants, and can therefore produce optimal design harmony between Straumann implants and their corresponding Straumann prosthetic components.
- Only Burbank Dental Lab has the experience and commitment that can reliably implement the Straumann workflow, and original components that assure you that you will be placing the most reliable restorations on your Straumann implants.-
2. Screw loosening reduced to virtually zero.
There is a significant advantage to using original Straumann components. The abutment, screw, and implant are all specifically designed to reduce screw loosening and micro-mobility when using original Straumann versus non-original implant-abutment connections.
“Our study shows that the tested original components fit better at the implant-abutment interface than non-original components. The consequence is a reduced risk of screw loosening and of implant-abutment fractures."
Prof. Seong Joo Heo, Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Research Institute, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
3. Variation in micro-mobility
There is a difference in variation of micro-mobility of original versus non-original implant-abutment connections.
Implant-abutment mobility at 120 N
The Original Straumann implant to abutment system shows the smallest of mobility*. This indicates the tightest tolerance limits of the implant to abutment interface.
* The mean implant-abutment mobility was between 2 and 4 µm for all abutment types (not significant for p = 0.05).
“Our study showed that the use of the original Straumann abutments resulted in a reproducible high stability of the implant to abutment connection compared to the third-party abutments.”
Dr. Ludger Keilig, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Preclinical Education and Materials Science, Dental School, University of Bonn, Germany
4. Digital workflow - from IOS scan to final implant restorations
The Straumann digital workflow for implant restorations is a comprehensive FDA approved the process. The FDA approved workflow requires the use Straumann intraoral scan bodies, IOS Intraoral scanner, Straumann Dental Wings CARES® CAD/CAM software, and the use of Original Straumann abutment blanks milled in the Straumann / amanngirbach M series 5-axis mill.
Burbank Dental Lab has integrated the Straumann® software and M series mill, into our workflow in order to deliver an optimal design for original Straumann titanium custom abutments for use with Straumann implants.
If you prefer to take a conventional implant level pick-up impression, you can also take advantage of Burbank Dental Lab Milled Straumann original custom abutment.
5. Peace of mind
The use of Straumann Original components ensures that your implants and restorations will be covered by The Straumann Guarantee.
The Straumann® Guarantee
covers the replacement of original
Straumann® implants, abutments attached to these implants as well as to tooth-supported and implant-supported restorations according to the specific terms and details listed in the official Straumann® Guarantee Agreement.
10-year guarantee for Straumann® Novaloc® abutments and metal screw-retained bars and bridges attached to an implant and for tooth- and implant-supported metal and resin nano ceramic restorations.
Lifetime+ This is an addition (to the standard Lifetime Guarantee) for Roxolid® implants and the PURE Ceramic implant System: replacement with an equivalent implant and equivalent abutment, if necessary, and treatment compensation if the implant fractures.
More than a clinically proven system. It’s the trust that comes with it. In a 10-year retrospective study on Straumann original prosthetic components shows an exemplary 97% success rate. Straumann original prosthetic components show excellent long-term clinical performance.
Tissue Level Implants were assessed. Implants had been restored with original Straumann components between May 1997 and January 2001 in a University of Bern study, with a 97% success rate.
Indications for Use
- When restoring to Straumann implants, you will see enhanced fit, virtually eliminated screw loosening, maximum durability, and the full Straumann guarantee.
- Available for RN, WN, RC, and NC platforms. All other Straumann platforms can be made via Burbank but will be fabricated by Straumann.
- Not available for SC Platforms