ZIRMAX M is the high strength monolithic zirconia restoration that exceeds your expectations for multi-purpose zirconia restorations. Data shows that ZIRMAX M has a flexural strength of 1000 MPa, making it one of the strongest monolithic zirconia restorations available. Due to the strength of ZIRMAX M, it is indicated for a wide selection of restorative applications, including posterior, single units, wide span bridges, and even full arch restorations. Not just strong, but esthetic as well, ZIRMAX M has up to 25% more translucency than other high strength full zirconias.
ZIRMAX ME if you are looking for the strength and durability of a monolithic zirconia but need to push the esthetic envelope as far as possible, ZIRMAX ME is your best solution. It is more than 47% more translucent than any other zirconia and formulated to eliminate graying on lighter shades. Over 1000 MPa of flexural strength and suitable for up to 4 unit anterior bridges and 3 unit posterior bridges (extending to 1st molars), and esthetics that rival pressed ceramics with more than double the strength.
ZIRMAX Key Features
- Strong 1000 MPa (High strength 1200 MPa ZIRMAX can be used for cases that require maximum flexural strength)
- 25% more translucent than most high strength zirconia restorations.
- ZIRMAX ME is more than 47% more translucent than any other zirconia.
- 10 Year Warranty
- 100 % Biocompatibility
Indications for Use
- ZIRMAX M is ideal for posterior full crowns and bridges and can also be used as substructure for layered anterior single crowns and bridge restorations.
- ZIRMAX ME is a good choice for anterior monolithic single crowns and bridges up to 4 units, bridges may extend to the second premolar.
ZIRMAX should be layered not monolithic in the anterior smile zone. ZIRMAX ME is a good solution for anterior monolithic restorations.
- It is not necessary to use a shoulder preparation, and feather edge preparations are acceptable. The ideal minimum margin preparation is .3 mm chamfer, but all margin preparations may be used, including a full shoulder.1 mm axial wall reduction
- 1 mm axial wall reduction1 mm cingulum / occlusal reduction required.
- 1 mm cingulum / occlusal reduction required
- Note: As with any all-ceramic, no sharp or right angles.
- ZIRMAX can be placed with either conventional cements or bonded, making it fit into whatever procedures work best for you in your clinical judgement.
- ZIRMAX can be bonded using adhesive systems with dual cure resins (RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE; Panavia SA Plus, Kuraray. We recommend Z-PRIME from BISCO to prepare the inside of the crown for adhesive dentistry), or cemented using low expansion cements, like resin-modified glass ionomers, (RelyX Luting Cement, 3M ESPE; GCFuji Plus, GC America)
Adjusting & Polishing
- When adjustments are necessary for fit, adjust prepped tooth. When occlusal adjustments are required on the monolithic zirconia material, use a diamond with water for ceramic adjustments of veneer porcelain.
- When occlusal adjustments are required on the monolithic zirconia material, use a diamond with water for ceramic adjustments of veneer porcelain.
- Avoid carbide use.
- It is important to use ceramic polishing system to create a highly polished surface.