Signature Smile Restoration Solution
Smiles by Design® (SBD) restorations are the signature solution at Burbank Dental Lab for cosmetic and comprehensive treatment needs. While SBD is the designation for our elite technical team, it is much more than just a team or a quality level. Smiles by Design® is a mindset that drives the whole process of intentional design that facilitates the results of cosmetic and restorative excellence that you require for your patients.
We can fabricate virtually any restoration or prosthetic that you prescribe; however, we believe that part of our role in the process is to identify red flags when we see them and collaborate with you to find solutions. Our Smiles By Design® process begins after the models are properly articulated, and evaluation of clearance, function, underlying color, and material choices is performed. Then in light of the desired results, we may have recommendations on different material choices and designs. At Burbank Dental Lab it is always our objective to provide restorations that will provide your patients with an esthetic smile that is functional and endures for years into the future.
The Core Values of the Smiles By Design® at Burbank Dental Lab
It is personal because we know that each case is personal to you and your patients and that every minute of chairtime is essential to your success and the well-being of your patients.
- We read and understand your Rx.
- We evaluate impression and models.
- We examine occlusal clearance and function.
- We review intraoral images.
- We adhere to strict quality control; Burbank’s most experienced technicians evaluate every case with magnification, to ensure fit, proper contours, shade, and overall esthetic results. (Figure 1)
- Material selection is evaluated, and the optimal material choices will be considered to accommodate the desired outcome.
- Effective communication with the clinical team is essential in order to assure that your detailed instructions will be accurately carried out.
- Knowing and understanding the goal of each case is of utmost importance. Without a clearly defined destination, even the most beautiful restoration can be a failure for that patient.
- Planning the final outcome with the use of diagnostic wax-ups, and various matrix guides that will facilitate the desired result as it is planned. (Figure 2)
REQUEST YOUR FREE IMPLANT SUCCESS GUIDE BELOW
Free Success Guide Campaign
- We train our team exceptionally well technically, and we have brought in the world's most advanced technology and highest quality materials. But excellence is truly achieved by paying attention to each detail.
- Excellence is doing everyday tasks extraordinarily well.
- It is treating even the smallest account like one of our family and acting as if we were part of their clinical team. It has been said that there are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
Burbank, CA 91504
- CBCT imaging
- BSB Plan software treatment workup
- Meshmixer design to 3D print
- Using various 3D printers for surgical guides, dentures, temps, models, jaws
- Bone grafting and immediate implant placements
- Soft Tissue Augmentation
- Fusion Bone Binder
- PRF (Plasma Rich Fibrin) and its role in wound healing
- Surgical skills to execute full arch therapy in a timely manner, decreasing chair time
Form, function, and esthetics are all critical aspects of a successful restoration.
We have the opportunity to change how the functional aspects of a patient's teeth interact, within limits of course. The common goal that we have, both clinical and lab, is to create improved smiles. This may require a change in VDO, change in TMJ relationship, surgical and orthodontic treatment, change in tooth positions, or implant augmentation.
We learned from Dr. Frank Spear, the importance of “facially-generated treatment planning”. We look at this principle this way: we are responsible for facilitating the restorative process by positioning the restorations in the smile to be in harmony with the desired outcome of the smile design. With that being the end goal, the process becomes that of determining what procedures must be performed in order to get there.
It is critically essential for smile makeover cases, and dental rehabilitation cases, to involve the lab early as one of your multi-disciplinary partners. Along with x-rays, photos, and articulated models, a diagnostic wax-up from the lab is critical in evaluating the potential options and challenges with any case. You can use the design template of the wax-up, your surgeon, and orthodontist to diagnose and develop their part of your treatment plans.
Once the restorative portion of the treatment is ready to begin, the wax-up can be used for the fabrication of the provisionals. The provisionals can be made in the lab (DuraTemps®) or the lab can create a putty template for you to make chairside temporaries.
Once the provisionals are tested and approved by the patient, the design is established for the function and form of the final restorations. At this point is where Burbank Dental Lab’s Smiles By Design® ceramists apply their decades of experience in creating works of art within the design template established by the foundational steps of diagnostic wax-ups and provisionals.
The results of intentionally designing a smile are evident in every case that Burbank Dental Lab’s Smiles By Design® mindset produces.
Smiles By Design® Solutions
(Digital wax-ups are options as well.)
(Digital wax-ups are options as well.)
As well as PFM restorations.
PFM / Metal Crown & Bridge
(Before & After of proposed smile make-over)